Wednesday, February 18, 2009

You know you're a quilter when...............


...your kid takes your quilt to school for show and tell. (What a nerd)

...your kids' dinner place mat is your rotary cutting mat.

...your shower drain is clogged with thread, not hair. (Ewww!)
...your one year old's first word (only word) is "bobbin." ...you have a different quilted bag for every pair of shoes.

...you have made your own bra with fabric scraps.

...your little girl is learning how to read from your quilting magazines.
...you have piles of fabric on top of the laundry. (that will never be folded) ...you wake up with a needle in your hand. ...your vacuum stops working because the brush is full of thread. ...you consider making a diaper out of scrap fabric. (That's a stretch) ...you wake up at 2:00 AM with a great quilt idea. ...you wake up your husband to tell him.
So how many of these are true for any of you? I know they're all true for me (well, most of them). My husband loves the last two. He's always the one that has to listen to my ideas, and pretend to understand what I'm talking about when I describe my next project to him.

I am currently preparing for my next great giveaway, I would show pictures, but it's a surprise. Stayed tuned and have a wonderful day!

11 comments:

Missy said...

Too funny.

I know a lot of them are true for me.

I find the bra one particularly funny! (I swear I don't have a bra made out of scraps...yet!)

onlymehere said...

I loved this! I really enjoy your blog and have learned much from it. Cindy

Cristie :) said...

That's too funny! I totally get the 2 am idea call...that's why there's a pad of paper and pencil on my night stand! Other wise I surely wouldn't remember by morning! :)

Sue said...

That is a great list! My partner can identify a myriad of quilts at 50 paces....speaks fluent quiltinese....I call it quilting by osmosis!

Angela said...

Too funny! So have any of your kids said bobbin as their first word?? :)

Anonymous said...

Great post and I've heard a few of those before from others. A friend's Roomba caught the tail of a spool of thread and well, the thread won after locking up the Roomba real good. Love the cutting mat placemat....a tell all about that dining table quilting! Oh and how many times we all have woken with this great idea of yet another vision we had for a quilt. I've been know to toss something from the nightstand to the floor in hopes of waking in the morning to remember why I did that. It is amazing when your own family knows Quilt Lingo and friends or family members who don't quilt hear your kids speaking about fat quarters and such. Soon they will be old enough to know the names of quilt blocks rather than states! LOL

Stitched With Prayer said...

I'm a relatively new quilter, and I feel so slow because in the 10 months since I started learning, I've only made three quilts and a few table toppers. I'm just putting the binding on my second and third this week. I'm in three BOM's and keeping up with them okay. When I read this post, I laughed till I had tears rolling. I love it and even though I'm still learning, a lot of the list applies to me...well, not the bra or the diapers, lol. About waking up with a needle in your hand, my problem was waking up and knowing there WAS a needle in my hand but it's not there now, LOL. Anyway, thanks for a delightful kickstart this morning.

Unknown said...

I love that, how cute and true. Someone was speaking about quilt lingo. My husband calls fat quarters "fat boys". It's hilarious.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

So nice to know that I am not the only one with this quilting addiction. And thanks to you for writing about it! I feel much better now.

Carlotta said...

Some of these are true for me. I was just telling my coworkers how I have dreams of quilt ideas.

Kate/Massachusetts said...

This was so funny! I love it!