Thursday, December 15, 2011

I am working on a little surprise

lili's quilt

This is a quilt that I am making for my daughter - I was hoping to finish the top while at the cabin with my Mom, but I underestimated how long it would take. Man, that sounds like me. I pulled the project out again and got the sashing done last night. It was my date with Bliss and Ruby - have I told you that I love Camille's fabric? Well - I do and her new line is to die for! I can't wait for it to come out!

I have been wanting to make a quilt for my daughters bed for a long time, we recently got her her big girl bed - it's going to last until she's all grown up and moves out - I think I just might cry at that thought. Anyway - I asked her what her favorite colors are and she said "red, pink, and turquoise." That made it simple enough to chose the fabric. Also, I used a lot of white in this quilt - that's on purpose because I want to give this quilt some amazing quilting treatments.

Her room needs to be painted and I have pillow shams, decorative pillows, a valance and bed skirt to finish up. This is going to be one of those drawn out long projects because I have to put the quilt aside and wait until all the other projects are made. If I end up quilting the quilt first, I won't make everything else. I know that about myself - plus, I have a lot of quilting to do. So, I will keep you up to date on my progress of this fun project. My daughter saw it and said she loved it - she asked who it was for and I told her someone very special. I think she will be so happy!

10 comments:

Kathleen said...

I don't know if I am impressed with your project, or that your daughter knows turquoise - I don't think I knew what turquoise was at her age - but her mom IS a quilter!!!! She will love seeing the pieces get made one by one...

Leeanne said...

I can see some lovely quilting to come in those white spaces...you will get there, and I am the same with thinking 'oh I'll just whip this up, or oh it won't take long'....when am I gonna learn!

Foolish Feathers said...

I was thinking by the title that it was a totally different sort of announcement..lol.

Alyce @ Blossom Heart Quilts said...

And THIS is why I love/want/need some Ruby... so gorgeous!!

Maria Wallin said...

It's adorable, I too love Camilles fabric (have a Bliss quilt on our bed, planning to update with a Ruby one this year ^^)!

I just can't wait to see what magic you will work on this one quilting wise =)

paulette said...

Just lovely!! I can't wait to see the finished room!!
P

Sarah Craig said...

It's beautiful, Judi! Lucky daughter!!

Dawn Hendrix said...

OO I can't wait to see what you do.. TEACH ME TEACH ME.....

Jenny said...

Very cute! Can't wait to see how you quilt it up. I just painted my two daughters room a really pretty blue that would look really good with that fabric! Let me know if you want the color.

Camille said...

This made me so happy today! I can't wait to see it done. You already know I think you are amazing. Really, AMAZING. Merry Christmas Judi!