Friday, January 13, 2012

Just call me the insane crazy detail quilter...........

sneak peek
sorry the lighting isn't the best

because that's what I am. Oh, it will be worth it I say to myself. But a little quilting break is in need. So, maybe one afternoon I can do something else.

new project

Oh look - fabric! I hit a couple fabric stores this morning. Sometimes just a break from the routine is needed and I need to get my "fix" of fabric. It always helps when I can make a quilt for someone special, so this cute bundle of fabric is going to be made into a quilt for an up and coming niece. oh, I can't wait to cut into these little beauties!

Okay - what I loved about my giveaway was that I found out that quilters are very similar and we all have the same issues when it comes to scissors. We would rather buy fabric then scissors - we will use any scissor in sight - we seem to lose our scissors - or those darn kids & husbands take our scissors and use them for anything but thread or fabric. The list goes on........... It was so fun reading all your comments on why you needed the scissors more than anyone else. So, congrats are in order for Val who said:

"Being a retired teacher I thought 'What can you tell me about a pair of scissors that I don't know?'. Well. It seems I have been missing out on the benefit of curved scissors all my sewing life. I definitely need these scissors more than anyone else because I like to sew more than anyone else in the world."

Email me Val at judi(at)greenfairyquilts(dot)com with your address and I will get your scissors in the mail right away!

Oh, and if you need to get your "fix" of fabric - then go and grab some jelly rolls in the shop - we have them on sale for $26.95!

Have a great weekend everyone!

17 comments:

Jennie P. said...

Judi, you may think you're insane, but you have the most beautiful and intriguing quilting I've ever seen in my life. I love to see your projects.

And, Congrats on the scissors, Val!

Terri in BC said...

I couldn't see the first picture, so I left the following comment on your Flickr site, then realized I could have just done it here! ;o)

Wow! Amazing job. It's hard to imagine how tiny those stitches are. Can you put something in the picture for scale (a thimble or spool of thread perhaps)? I'd love to see how small they really are.

krisgray said...

WOW! to the quilting and Congrats to Val!

cocoquilts said...

Judi, you are an amazing quilter!! I just had a chance to catch up on your blog and have just been amazed at all of your quilting! The civil war quilt is just amazing!! I appreciate that you have shared your techniques and just seeing the amount of research and hard work you put into these quilts! You are very talented!! I'm glad that you are embracing your long arm quilting and appreciate that you share your gift!!
Also, thanks for being so real and sharing your family and life!! Your family is just adorable and I wish you the best as your family grows!! Cheers, Colette

JayTee said...

the quilting is beautiful...what great detail.

Bev said...

Judi, your blog is the first one I hit each and every day. Your quilting is beyond beautiful and inspires me to be a better quilter. Thank you for being so sharing in all you do! Your little fabric break was productive ....what fabric line is the green floral from? I must have some!

Melissa Corry said...

That stitching is amazing!! I just love your quilting~!!! And I love the fabric. Pink, Green, and Brown are my all time favorite color combination :)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

still the best!!! And I'm not the only one who thinks so,right????
lol

Chelsea said...

Judi, this is amazing! Someday I'll be able to quilt like you, until then I live in fear that someone will ask me to! I haven't had my longarm for a month yet, though, so give me time!

Jenny said...

You too!! I really don't know how you do it...my back hurts, my shoulders hurt, tendinitis in the pinky and I get headaches!! You are amazing and the detail on that picture is amazing...I can just stare at your quilting all day! ;o)
...and I so wanted to win those scissors! I guess I'll have to purchase that one.

Millie and Walter said...

Your crazy detailed quilting is always amazing! Keep up the good work. I love seeing what you are doing to get some ideas for my quilts.

Cindy

Barb said...

I know others are afraid to tell you so I will be the one....YOUR ARE INSANE!!! But a wonderful insane, this is going to be one awesome quilt when you get it finished.

As far as scissors, I have a scissor fettish...yep....I do.. Congrats to the winner.

Jan Marie said...

Judy that quilting is fabulous and stunning. Take all the breaks you need if you can produce something like that.

Busy Quilting said...

Judy,

AS regards scissors maybe you also need to check out "Havel" double bend scissors. Great for work on the longarm, with a blunt point so you know you won't snip the quilt top.

Lyn

Unknown said...

Insane or not - your quilting is beautiful! Wish you could quilt one of my quilts, but living in Norway thats not very likely.... :o/ I love looking at all the beautiful details!!

quilting/fitness said...

great quilting as usual i had a question on another post you said you always dtitch in the ditch do you do that as you go or ditch the straight or curves first before you begin your artwork thanks you inspire me in my quilting to try new things always have a great day
diana y.

NMSue said...

Your quilting is amazing. Congrats. Love your work.