Thursday, March 1, 2012

Butterfly

Butterfly Quilt Pattern

Okay - here's Butterfly! My new pattern revamped from my oldish pattern. I love how I designed this so much better and the colors, well - I think I am in love! I have always been a sucker for pink and green, add in brown and I think it is the perfect combo. The cute flower fabric was a perfect fit.

The above picture was the best shot I got for the cover of my pattern, but the corner was chopped off by my lack of photography skills - or the fact that I had 2.2 seconds to take pictures before I picked up #2 from preschool. I don't know if I will use this as the cover, I might just have to go and get a better, non chopped picture. But, I do love the lighting and the background. Anyway, I am rambling......

Butterfly Quilt Pattern

The thing that I love about this pattern is that it is easy! Strip piecing and it's done so fast. But, since we love precuts, this quilt can also be made with some yardage and a layer cake or a few fat quarters from your stash. It would be an awesome scrappy butterfly quilt.

Butterfly Quilt Pattern

And this is where I have to show my guilt for not giving this quilt a custom quilt job. Oh, the things I could do - but, I want you to focus on the design and not the quilting. So, that's why I quilted a free motion allover swirl.

Butterfly Quilt Pattern

Have I ever told you that I love pieced backs? Well - I do! So, the quilt really is reversible and I hope, just hope that my sister and her new baby will love it!

I have the instructions all finished and ready to go, I am just finalizing the cover. You can buy the pattern here if you would like and the patterns will ship out Monday.

24 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Just gorgeous Judi! I agree the colors are perfect together.

Kristi said...

Beautiful quilt....I love the back as well!

KaHolly said...

Gorgeous?? I guess!! Look at the beautiful quilting job. I just love it!

Karen said...

Cute pattern. Something a little girl cal grow into.

Leeanne said...

Pretty, pretty!

Jen said...

I read everything you post - and most of your posts leave me speechless - Love this new quilt - Might just have to give it a try! Thanks for sharing all of your talents!

Linda said...

So pretty!!! You are an amazing designer, Judi!!! I love how the pieced blocks look like they are floating on the quilt against the white background fabric!! Amazing swirls! No need to feel guilty. Only proud. :-)

Larissa said...

This is gorgeous Judi!! The colours ... and the quilting is just perfect for this design!! I am loving your pieced back too! What a perfect way to back that particular quilt! I'm sure your sister will love it too!

Erin Marie said...

I love it. It's so gorgeous. It's now tied with one other quilt as the next quilt to make my daughter. (Although that exact quilt w/ the colors would match her room perfectly.)

Joanie's Trendy Quilts said...

Gorgeous quilt and quilting! Love it!

Think Outside the Box said...

Gorgeous as usual Judi, I think the quilting is perfect for this quilt, any chance of you doing a tutorial on the quilting, I have often admired this swirl pattern and it looks like it might not be too difficult to do.

Zehrina said...

That is so beautiful,just perfect.

Barb said...

Another winner. I love pink and green together...and I love the fact that you did simple quilting...

Sarah Craig said...

Wow, another great design, Judi! Love those butterflies, and I agree, they would look great scrappy! Can't wait to give it a try.... And I think the first pic looks great - I didn't even notice you chopped off the corner of the quilt until you said something!

Judy said...

Judi I love the pattern and I think the swirl quilting is perfect. I know you could do a fabulous job of custom quilting, but that might intimidate a customer who could not picture the quilt with an allover pattern.

Melissa Corry said...

Love it!!! So cute!!! And I so love Dainty Blossoms!!! And I love the all over swirl on ti. It really makes you focus on those adorable butterflies :)

Diane N said...

I Love it...and I'm sure your sister and baby will too!

Mama Pea said...

It's gorgeous! I love the colors, the pattern, and the quilting. I don't think you should feel guilty about not custom quilting it. It looks great and very "doable." :-)

LizA. said...

Beautiful quilt. I wouldn't worry about the corner being chopped off. It's only the border and the rest of the picture is great. Good color, interesting background without being distracting from the quilt....I think it's a keeper for a cover picture.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Wow what a beautiful quilt!

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Eu quero pedir para trocar palavra pouco (lado direito)por MUITO CRIATIVO.Parece que essas borboletas estão aqui perto de mim.Parabéns e que DEUS te abençoe.Beijos.

Teresa Silva said...

Beautiful quilt and I love all your swirls. Look very cool!

Jenny said...

Judi that turned out so great! I love the picture...even with the corner cut off...your photography is great too! Pattern is awesome and you are quick...I remember when you were piecing that baby and now your done with a pattern. Simply Amazing what you get done!!

Michele said...

The second the picture loaded on my screen I said oooooooooo! I love it! Really, really love it.