Tuesday, June 26, 2012

A little distracted.....

1 

So, remember this block? I have been wanting to finish up this quilt top for a while, but I have been forcing myself to get some quilting done instead. Well, I let myself get some piecing done today. It was so much fun.
 
2 

It never fails that the wind is blowing when I want to take a few pictures of my quilts outside. I am sure the neighbors heard me complaining, well ranting and raving about the darn wind. I swear, it is always windy when I want to take some quick, fast pictures! Oh, well....I did manage to finally get a couple pictures.

3 

The colors in this quilt are so fun, I am really happy with the brightness of the quilt. I really can't wait to quilt it, but that will go in the "sometime, a lot later" pile. My daughter has already claimed the quilt - we shall see about that!

4 

I chose to just put outside borders on this quilt to give it some width. I was going to have just the blocks be the quilt top, but I did not like how skinny and long the quilt was by itself. I may or may not add more to the borders, but I think I like it just how it is. This quilt was seriously so much fun to put together. So, now I have to stop being distracted and get to quilting on the quilt that is on the frames, it is just gorgeous. I will be sure to post some of my progress on that one. 

Okay, for those who are overly anxious for the September and October precuts that are coming out - we have some in stock (a very limited stock) - our Moda Sample Spree is going on right now! Check it out here!!

14 comments:

Leeanne said...

nothing like a bit of piecing to make a quilter smile!
I have the same thing with the wind!
Fun bright fabrics, it will be interesting to see who ends up with the quilt!

Auntie Pami said...

I love this. Can't wait to se the quilting. I am amazed how much you get done.

Barb said...

The colors are just fabulous, love it!

Juels said...

Very cute, Judi! I love the brightness of the quilt colors.

Jenny said...

This is so cool, I love that block you made up...I forgot to tell you I saw the magazine at our Fabric Shop and saw your block in it, and was like "hey that's Judi's block"...to anyone that was listening! ;o)

QuiltNut Creations said...

Super cute! I love the fabrics.

Quiltjane said...

Judi, your block has come together so beautifully. Your quilting will just make it shine.

Melissa Corry said...

Love this quilt top!!! So happy!! Your block looks awesome :)

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Ohhhh that is beautiful...love the colors!

Kelly

Katie Fleming said...

The colors are wonderful! Definitely checking out your pre cut Moda sample sale!!!

- Katie Fleming
Kate Michelle Designs

mjm said...

I haven't been keeping up, but just read your last few posts .............. First of all, your quilting is what many of us look forward to for inspiration!!!!! Definitely not "too good". I wish we had more great quilters like yourself who shared more of their work so the rest of us could enjoy the inspiration you provide - be it on line or through purchase of a wonderful book. Don't give up. You are one of my favorite quilters - your quilts are adorable (today's is no exception) and your quilting is to die for!!!!

JuliaRu said...

I love the bright colors of your quilt! great!

Kimberly said...

Beautiful! I saw the magazine and was sooo tempted to buy one! Seeing your block in a quilt like this is making me reconsider...

ultraorganized said...

I almost cried when I read your post about the book and I was thinking something very crass ("screw 'em) -- I would find it hard to believe another book publisher would not JUMP at the chance to publish it -- get out there girl - never give up -- you can DO THIS -- we all need to buy your book and as Edith Ann would say "and that's that" - Terry !)