Friday, August 3, 2012

I pretty much love this, and it is all my own.....

1 

So, what do you get when you piece some jelly roll strips, free motion quilt the pieced strips, then do a video tutorial on the quilting? Add some cute yardage and some more sewing and you get yourself a new bag!
 
2 

I have had so much fun putting this bag together! My first attempt at a fabric flower, I now know how to make the flowers better next time around, but I would have to say that the flowers are not to shabby for my first attempt at making them. This bag is made from my "Carry All Tote" pattern, I used jelly rolls strips instead of honey bun strips and I replaced the applique for fabric flowers to give it a fun and different look.

3 

This is the back of the bag, I love how it turned out.  The original idea was to keep the whole thing green, but I am so glad I decided against that because the pop of color is so great!
 
4 

I love the quilting on this, I was going to do a more custom quilting job for this project, but sometimes (okay, all the time) I have to just get my projects done fast so I can get back to customer quilts. I was inspired by this post to not let my blog become boring by not posting projects I am working on, so thanks to Camille for the reminder and kick in the pants to not let my blog go by the wayside....and allow myself to do more of my own projects.

5 

This is the inside of the bag with four pockets and this super cute fabric. The fabric I used for the lining is called "Fresh Meadows" by Exclusively Quilters. I picked it up at my local quilt store - I brought the hubby with me and even though we are in this quilty business together, he was still telling me to hurry and choose my fabric... I guess he is like most men in a quilt store. I will go alone next time :-) But, I do have to admit I was a little excited at all the fabric choices and I was a little indecisive.....I am sure you know what I mean.

So, if you want to make a bag like mine and need the pattern, you can get it hereJelly Rolls are on sale for 30% off until Monday, so it's a great time to pick out the jelly roll you need to make a super cute bag! Well, I think that's it, back to quilting!

15 comments:

DianeY said...

I'm always in awe of your quilting! Really great bag!
When my husband comes to the quilt shop, he has finally learned to bring a magazine & stay in the car. We are both happier!

CathyK said...

Your quilting is amazing! I LOVE the pop of color on the bag!

Tangos Treasures said...

Wow it's beautiful!!

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Wow ...... I dont think I could make one I like after seeing yours :( If you decided to get rid of it ... or sell it, I'm here ...... jumping up and down, waving my hands! lol

Jenny said...

Love your bag!! The colors, the quilting, and love...love. The fabric flowers!!

Lynette said...

Awesome, awesome bag. The quilting is exquisite, as always, and the flowers are so cool!

Anonymous said...

How much fun to see what the beautiful quilting in the tutorial was turned into! Love it!
The flowers where a perfect choice!

Unknown said...

I love love love the bag! The fabrics, the whole design of the bag itself, but the QUILTING is what I love the most! I hope I can learn to do that.

Michele said...

Beautiful! And thanks for the video tutorial by the way :-)

Michele said...

Wow-wie. Your quilting always blows me away. I hope to one day be 1/10th as good as you are.

thedonahues7@verizon.net said...

I bought your bag pattern a while back and tried making the bag but I cut some of the pieces too short and had to do something else. After seeing it again on your blog I am inspired to try again!!

Joanna Donahue

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Love your new bag! The quilting is so pretty! Love your tutorial, and hope to try this soon :-) Thanks for sharing!
Wish you a great new week,
Laila

giddy99 said...

what a gorgeous bag!!!

Sherri said...

What a gorgeous bag! I just love it!

Joy M. said...

I love this bag...it is so cool!!